Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Best Mashed Potato Recipe

I tried this recipe for Thanksgiving, and it was such a hit! Thank you Paula Dean and Liz!

Ingredients:
5 cups water
4 cups frozen hashbrown potatoes (shredded)
7.6 oz pkg butter & herb instant mashed potato mix
1/2 c butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 c monterey jack cheese
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 c canned french fried onion rings

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Boil the water and add hashbrowns. Cook for 5-10 minutes. Drain.
Prepare mashed potatoes according to the package directions. Mix in the hashbrowns in a large bowl.
Soften the butter and cream cheese in the microwave. Add to the potato mixture in bowl.
Mix in jack cheese, sour cream, and seasonings.
Place in a greased 3 quart casserole dish.
bake 25-35 mins, or until golden on top.
Sprinkle the onion rings on top and bake for an additional 5-8 minutes.

Makes 8-10 servings

6 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Sounds yummy! I'll add it to my list of "recipes I should try - but let's face it, I never cook" :)

Daniel & Valerie said...

Hey my dear I can promise it will taste sooooooooo much better if you use real Potatoes...Promise..But Im going to try thins out!!

Carrie Dixon said...

Did you make these at my Moms for thanksgiving or once you got home on Sunday?

Clarise and Ryan Pedersen said...

Valerie, I thought the exact same thing. I fooled everyone, though! Even the die hard potato fans loved these!

Clarise and Ryan Pedersen said...

Carrie,

We went over to my parents house before we went over to see your parents. I made them for my family's get-together.

JON and EM said...

Hey Clarise!! I just found your blog, and you look so great and happy! I'm excited for this potatoe recipe, and I'll definatley have to try it out!